MsTreflex video

Loading...

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Kill City by Iggy Pop and James Williamson

This Saturday I will be doing a kind of jam session in Las Vegas with a bunch of super talented guys. I actually feel like I am misbooked because I consider most of them to be above an beyond me on a number of levels. These guys have played a bunch, and have put out so many great records that it is ridiculous. Among the musicians is James  Williamson of the StoogesCaptain Sensible and Pinch of the Damned (and who can forget Sensible's awesome Wot? single or Pinch's work with the English Dogs?), DH Peligro of the Dead KennedysKevin Seconds of 7 Seconds, Loren Molinare of the Dogs, and Zander Schloss who has put in time with the Weirdos and the Circle Jerks as well as solo stuff. There are a couple of other gentlemen putting in time, but I am not familiar with their work. From the calibre of the others, however, I am sure they are amazing, too.

Every Day this week I am going to highlight a great song by one of the bands these guys have rocked, and so the write up will be pretty much the same every day until next week. 

First up is the brilliant Kill City, easily the single greatest solo track that Iggy Pop did, with Williamson or anyone else. The guitar work definitely makes the song, both in tone and timing. This alone would've put Williamson on the map, but the previous release by the Stooges- Raw Power- had already done that. An amazing life, he put music on the back burner and earned a college degree in computers, becoming a consultant for computer stuff in recent years.





Kill City

Well I live here in kill city where the debris meets the sea
I live here in kill city where the debris meets the sea
It's a playground to the rich, but it's a loaded gun to me

Well I'm sick of keeping quiet and I am the wild boy
I'm sick of keeping quiet and I am the wild boy
But if I have to die here first I'm gonna make some noise

Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose

Turn that boy loose!

Yeah the scene is fascination man and everything's for free
The scene is fascination man and everything's for free
Until you wind up in some bathroom overdosed and on your knees

Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose
Give it up - turn the boy loose

No comments:

Post a Comment