MsTreflex video

Loading...

Monday, May 25, 2015

Psycho by the Sonics

It was the Rodney on the Roq show, sometime in 1978 or 1979 and the awesome Cramps were on his show. This crazy scream came out of the speakers and I was lucky enough to hear it. I was also lucky enough to have a memorex cassette in the box to catch one of the greatest, wildest, nuttiest song I have ever heard. From that moment, I was hooked.

The Sonics! Over the years I found more of their material and learned more about this amazing Tacoma, Washington band. Psycho was released as a single in 1965 (!) and was hardly a fluke, because they released a ton of other great songs, on a couple of albums. 

If you've never heard Psycho, you are in for a treat. If you have, then you already know. And then some.





Psycho (Payne/Roslie/Sonics)
Wow, baby you're driving me crazy
I said baby 
you're driving me crazy
Well you turn me on
Then you shut me down
Well, tell me baby am I just your clown
Psycho
Baby you're driving me crazy
I said I'm losing my mind
You treat me so unkind
Psycho

No comments:

Post a Comment