MsTreflex video

Loading...

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Wonderful by the Circle Jerks


This Saturday I will be doing a kind of jam session in Las Vegas with a bunch of super talented guys. I actually feel like I am misbooked because I consider most of them to be above an beyond me on a number of levels. These guys have played a bunch, and have put out so many great records that it is ridiculous. Among the musicians is James  Williamson of the StoogesCaptain Sensible and Pinch of the Damned (and who can forget Sensible's awesome Wot? single or Pinch's work with the English Dogs?), DH Peligro of the Dead KennedysKevin Seconds of 7 Seconds, Loren Molinare of the Dogs, and Zander Schloss who has put in time with the Weirdos and the Circle Jerks as well as solo stuff. There are a couple of other gentlemen putting in time, but I am not familiar with their work. From the calibre of the others, however, I am sure they are amazing, too.

Every Day this week I am going to highlight a great song by one of the bands these guys have rocked, and so the write up will be pretty much the same every day until next week. 


Zander Schloss stepped up and took over the bass duties after Roger Rogerson left the Circle Jerks. Schloss has a history in rock that defies explanation. He has worked with more significant bands and musicans than can be counted. He's worked with Joe Strummer, the WeirdosThelonious Monster, and the Circle Jerks. Then there's the filmography, many of which involve Alex Cox- and of those, his best stuff: WalkerSid & NancyRepo Man, and Straight to Hell. That's quite a resume. I am humbled....



No comments:

Post a Comment