MsTreflex video

Loading...

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Wot! by the Captain Sensible


This Saturday I will be doing a kind of jam session in Las Vegas with a bunch of super talented guys. I actually feel like I am misbooked because I consider most of them to be above an beyond me on a number of levels. These guys have played a bunch, and have put out so many great records that it is ridiculous. Among the musicians is James  Williamson of the Stooges, Captain Sensible and Pinch of the Damned (and who can forget Sensible's awesome Wot! single or Pinch's work with the English Dogs?), DH Peligro of the Dead KennedysKevin Seconds of 7 Seconds, Loren Molinare of the Dogs, and Zander Schloss who has put in time with the Weirdos and the Circle Jerks as well as solo stuff. There are a couple of other gentlemen putting in time, but I am not familiar with their work. From the calibre of the others, however, I am sure they are amazing, too.

Every Day this week I am going to highlight a great song by one of the bands these guys have rocked, and so the write up will be pretty much the same every day until next week. 

Today's post is the last of the seven day run where I focus on a handful of the rockers who took part in the Pool Boys all-star band that played in Las Vegas on Saturday during Punk Rock Bowling. The last of the close ups is on the hilarious solo release by Captain SensibleWot! Captain Sensible has been a constant and consistent member of the Damned, playing bass on their first two releases, and then switching over to guitar for the third album- the classic Machine Gun Etiquette.




Wot!
When I woke up this morning I was feelin' fine
But this cat starts banging man what a swine.
So I called reception but to no avail
That's why I'm telling you this sorry tale.
It went bang - I said shut up

It went bang - I said rap up.
Well I'm aware that the guy must do his work
But the piledriver man drove me berserk.
He said captain
I said wot

He said captain
I said wot

He said captain
I said wot

He said captain
I said wot d'ya want

Once a lifetime
twice a day
If you don't work you get no pay.

I been to the east
I been to the west
But the girls I like best are the ones undressed.

Well
hello Adam
where you been?
I said a'stand aside 'cause I'm feelin' mean


I've had a gutful of you and I'm feelin' bad
'Cause you're an ugly old pirate and ain't I glad.
He said captain
I said wot

He said captain
I said wot



No comments:

Post a Comment